Sunday 27 February 2011

T for ........?????

I was studying in class 5 or 6. Me and mom were going to the tuition by a rickshaw.There was a temple of Lord Shani Dev near the tuition. At that time i didn't know about this temple.

Just as the rickshaw was heading towards the temple, mom suddenly told me,"Rima, right side e dekho,Shani Dev er mandir, pronaam koro." ("Rima, on your right side there's a temple of God Shani Dev, do pray")
 I asked looking at the sky "Where?Where?"

Since childhood I have a direction problem. If someone tells me to look at the right side, I will look at the left side or at the top but never in the right direction. Even now, when every morning i go with my dad to practice driving, if he tells me "Shamne theke amra ba dike jabo" ("From here we will turn left") , I will instantly rotate my steering wheel to the right with an attitude as if i know everything, and then receive good comments from my dad like "Gadha" "Shopno dekhchile?"

 Anyways.So then my mother pointed to the right "There".
 Very obediently I joined my hands and prayed quickly (before the temple passes)

After praying mom told me, "The temple is so beautiful, built with white marbles..."

"What are you talking about? The temple is so dirty. Dirty red walls, yuck ....with weird posters and moreover it was so small. I have never seen such a temple."

My mom stared at me for sometime and then shouted "Hey bhogobaan, amay tule nao" ("Oh God, please take me")

"What happened mom? Why r u behaving like this"?

"U stupid. When will u have sense? U didn't pray at the Temple, u just prayed at the Toilet. It was a toilet, you idiot, with dirty red walls and weird posters."

2 comments:

  1. Do post your Shivratri special today...its even more amazing than the last two

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...would love to hear more of your wonderful incidents...

    ReplyDelete